Back Market 2022 Fall Brand Ambassador - University of Southern California
Back Market Campus Ambassador Program - We Are Hiring!
Did you jailbreak your smartphone when you studied abroad? Are you the friend everyone reaches out to when something goes wrong with their laptop? Are you passionate about sustainability in tech and beyond?
Back Market is the leading marketplace for renewed devices — from smartphones to laptops to gaming consoles — and they care about the environmental impact of tech. So, we decided to support Back Market in the change of the tech game, making it easy and legitimate to buy pre-owned tech, at a price new simply can’t beat. They do this by connecting the dots between certified experts who specialize in refurbishing tech, and folks looking for affordable, reliable, and planet-friendly alternatives to buying new.
We’re looking to spread the word about Back Market among college campuses, and we’re hiring leaders on your campus to become their first class of Brand Ambassadors.
Back Market is seeking proven student creators, leaders, and self-starters to promote brand awareness and tech sustainability at the University of Southern California (USC).
If creating your own content, promoting sustainability to your friends (and frenemies), and connecting to a larger community while gaining hands-on experience is your jam, this program is for you.
Through both digital and in-person outreach, our Brand Ambassadors will use their insight and creativity to create experiences for their fellow college students while raising our brand awareness. And you won’t be doing it alone — you’ll be working with the Back Market team to bring it all to life.
- Become an expert storyteller on the Back Market brand, mission, and how we function as a company in order to be able to articulate it to your peer group in a compelling manner
- Become a topic wizard on all things tech renewal and refurbishing, as well as showcase or conduct demonstrations of refurbished tech during repair related brand activations
- Create compelling digital content for social media channels such as TikTok and Instagram
- Write copy for social media channels, student newspapers, and other print or digital media
- Pursue opportunities for Back Market representation at school events, fairs, etc.
- Plan and host Back Market brand activations on campus
- Distribute Back Market swag on campus, such as coupons, brochures, sunglasses, and anything else our team might think up next!
- Pursue potential collaborations with other groups on campus to promote the Back Market brand
- Currently enrolled full time in college as an undergraduate
- Able to commit to approximately 4-6 hours a week
- Loves the Back Market brand or feels passionate about technology and sustainability
- Well connected on campus and engaged with campus life and your peers, both in person and digitally
- Self-starter and impeccable communicator who thinks outside of the box
- Has a passion for creating fun and engaging digital content, and an active presence on social media channels
- Organized and detail oriented, ability to respond to emails and other communications from the Back Market team promptly
- Willing to keep social media profiles public for the duration of your internship
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups and engaging with new people in person and digitally
- Works well in a collaborative team environment
- A problem-solver who knows when to ask for help
- Eligible to work in the United States
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Has previous experience creating and hosting events, in person and digitally
- Interested in communications, business, marketing, social media, sales, or project management
- Proven experience completing tasks on a deadline as well as tracking success via metrics
- Leadership position or leadership experience within other school organization
- Potential availability to extend into Spring 2023 Semester
- Tangible work experience from established tech leader in the sustainability field
- Understand the business side of an international company
- Build network of professional connections
- Competitive compensation
- A free Back Market device and many more surprises for overachievers
- Exclusive Back Market swag